The exhibition JUST DIG/IT! presents for the first time as large-scale installations, Inside the Tunnel under the Atlantic (1995, video, 22”30’) and Inside the Paris-New Delhi Tunnel (1997, video, 13”00’). Presented will also be Tunnel Shots, produced at the Pompidou Center during the exhibition of Tunnel under the Atlantic (1995), never before shown to the public.
The work, Tunnel Under the Atlantic is recognized as the:
· First intercontinental virtual reality installation;
· First virtual reality installation with real time dynamic architecture;
· First virtual video director;
· First virtual photo reporter;
· First virtual librarian using artificial intelligence;
· First virtual composer;
· First real time video meeting inside a virtual reality environment;
· First user centric content in a virtual reality environment.
New interactive works developed in 2016, titled Border Tunnel and Colors Tunnel will also be exhibited. These new tunnels probe issues surrounding stereotypes and geopolitical movement. In the real world, digging tunnels are a way to reduce distance and go through cultural, political and geographic obstacles. With the virtual tunnels, participants are invited to create a new space for dialogue.
20.04.2016 – 25.05.2016
20.04.2016, Wednesday, 6:00 – 8:00 pm
Mon – Sat: 10:30 am – 6:30 pm
Sun: 2:30 – 6:30 pm
Open to special appointments during these times.
Closed on public holidays.
Venue: osage hong kong, 4/F, 20 Hing Yip Street, Kwun Tong, Kowloon, Hong Kong.